"I first heard Daniel in 1985. Half Japanese had a show in Austin and Daniel's manager Jeff Tartakov gave me a tape of Hi How Are You?. I loved it and began corresponding with Jeff and Daniel. A few years later I was in NYC to take part in a recording session of Moe Tucker at Kramer's studio Noise New York. Daniel was at the studio and he and I became friends. Daniel recorded two songs with lyrics I wrote. He recorded "Do It Right" for Moe's album, and "Some Things Last A Long Time" for his album 1990. Soon after his time in NYC I invited him to my home and we had a week to record the songs for It's Spooky. I considered Daniel to be a genius. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with him. I'm so grateful to have it released again and it's sounding better than ever thanks to an amazing mastering job by Kramer." - Jad Fair.
- Double LP Deluxe Reissue
- First time on vinyl in 30 years
- Limited edition of 1500 pressed on Casper White vinyl
- 32 songs including bonus track "Ashes on the Ground"
- restored & remastered by Kramer
- Includes bonus flexi of previously unreleased Daniel Johnston classic "I Live My Broken Dreams"
- Includes high-res digital download
- Expanded liner notes by Everett True, Jeff Feuerzeig (The Devil & Daniel Johnston), Jad Fair, and Kramer
Jad Fair and Daniel Johnston, "It's Spooky"
Casper White vinyl